Updating Buildpack-Related Gems
buildpack-packager packages buildpacks and
machete provides an integration test framework.
The CF Buildpacks team uses the gems-and-extensions pipeline to:
- Run the integration tests for
- Update the gems in the buildpacks managed by the team
Running the Update Process
Note: The steps below assume you are using a Concourse deployment of the
At the end of the process, there will be a new GitHub release and updates will be applied to the buildpacks.
To update the version of either gem in a buildpack:
- Confirm that the test job
<gemname>-specsfor the gem to be updated successfully ran on the commit you plan to update.
- Manually trigger the
<gemname>-tagjob to update (“bump”) the version of the gem.
<gemname>-releasejob will trigger. This will create a new GitHub release of the gem.
- Each of the buildpack pipelines (e.g. the go-buildpack pipeline) has a job which watches for new releases of the gem. When a new release is detected, the buildpack’s
cf.Gemfileis updated to that release version.
- The commit made to the buildpack’s
cf.Gemfiletriggers the full integration test suite for that buildpack.
Note: The final step will trigger all buildpack test suites simultaneously, causing contention for available shared BOSH-lite test environments.Create a pull request or raise an issue on the source for this page in GitHub