Page last updated:
This topic provides information about BBR logging. Use this information when troubleshooting a failed backup or restore using BBR.
By default, BBR displays:
- The backup and restore scripts that it finds
- When it starts or finishes a stage, such as
- When the process is complete
- When any error occurs
BBR writes any errors associated with stack traces to a file in the form of
bbr-TIMESTAMP.err.log in the current directory.
If more logging is needed, use the optional
--debug flag to print the following information:
- Logs about the API requests made to the BOSH server
- All commands executed on remote instances
- All commands executed on local environment
- stdout and stderr streams for the backup and restore scripts when they are executed